Glarea Elevated Learning will ensure students are able to return to school as safely as possible while supporting their learning and development needs. Under Stage 2 of the government’s Five-Stage Plan for the education system, elementary schools will run full time with students having in-person instruction. The government stated rules allow a maximum of 60 people in each group or ‘bubble.’ At Glarea our total enrolment of students plus staff will be below that number allowing for an unrestricted learning environment while adhering to all health and safety measures prescribed by the Provincial Health & Safety Office and the Ministry of Education. We will also only have a max of 10 Students per classroom, this means Glarea will have more days in class and less risk of disruptions than other schools.
The recent announcement from the Government of BC to delay the start of schools has allowed our team to take advantage of the extra time on site to review all our health and safety measures and update students and families on specific details before our September 14th start date. We will open with full Monday to Friday, 7:45AM to 4:00PM, programming for all of our students.
The health, safety and well-being of our students, staff and community is our priority. With this in mind we have enhanced health and safety protocols that include:
- Maximum 10 Children per class: Less Contacts, Less Risk
- Enhanced cleaning
- Frequent hand washing/sanitizing
- Reminders to reduce physical contact and maximize physical distancing in all schools
- Frequent reminders about respiratory etiquette will take place
- Daily self-health assessments for all staff and students
- No shared food, drinks, or belongings
- Spacing reminders will be posted
- School access will be limited to staff and students, other visitors can request an appointment through administration
- Hand washing or sanitizing stations
- If a student or staff member is sick, they must stay home
- If a student or staff member becomes sick while at school, they will be isolated
- Students and staff of course have the option to wear a mask or face shield
- Traffic flow in common spaces will be managed with directional signs
Prior to, and throughout construction, modifications to our facility were made while consulting with the Fraser Health Authority to specifically address ways to reduce contagion risk and increase the safety of our community wherever possible. With this in mind we worked with blutree.ca Indoor Climate Systems and have installed a state of the air climate control and air quality purification system. Some of the highlights are:
- Air Purification System: Filter & UV Light Sanitization
- Constant Fresh Air Movement and Monitoring
- Real Time Monitoring and Adjustment
- Advanced High Efficiency Heating/Cooling/Humidity Control
- O2 Levels Monitored and Controlled
All Glarea’s Contagion Risk Mitigation procedures and protocols will be reassessed periodically to strictly adhere to any changes in the Provincial Health & Safety Office and the Ministry of Education’s guidelines.
We look forward to welcoming our first year Glareans on this new adventure of becoming the educational catalyst driving change and empowering students to identify and pursue their unique purpose!