About Glarea Elevated Learning
Glarea Elevated Learning has re-imagined the modern school system by utilizing a Challenge Based Learning Education within an all-inclusive Arts and Sport environment focused on connection and development.
Glarea integrates a Challenge Based Learning program with Sport and Art expert streams in a technologically innovative educational environment. This Elevated Learning program focuses on self-awareness through cognitive, social-emotional and physical literacy rooted in perseverance.
We face challenges on a daily basis and our responses determine our future. Often, we don’t pause to consider different perspectives and design thoughtful solutions. Challenge Based Learning is a learning framework used to equip students with the skills necessary to identify challenges and develop innovative and sustainable solutions.
Elevated Learning drives Glareans to aspire to be self-aware, critical thinkers prepared for the future. Resiliency, determination and fortitude of character are woven into the fabric of Glarea.
Our Graduates are confident, adaptable young adults prepared to overcome life’s challenges.
Glarea is currently awaiting BC Ministry of Education Certification and does not purport to offer schooling prior to certification.
About the opportunity
Glarea is looking for a dynamic Principal, starting April 1st 2020, to lead our new school opening September 2020.
Reporting to the Board of Advisors, the Principal will be responsible for the education program and its delivery to over 120 students, 5 days per week.
The Principal will provide leadership and administration which will motivate and support personnel to strive for superior performance to provide the best possible opportunities for student growth and development.
More specifically your responsibilities as Principal will include:
- Developing and administering the general school routine and coordinating all activities within the school building.
- Participating in the selection of new teaching and classified personnel.
- Observing, counselling, and motivating professional staff towards becoming a high performing team in order to attain the goals of Glarea.
- Utilizing to the fullest extent possible all available school facilities, materials, and staff service personnel.
- Maintaining and supporting our philosophy and culture which encourages cooperation, collaboration and respect.
- Maintaining standards of school community behaviour for staff, students, families and community.
- Identifying intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs affecting students success in school and taking steps to direct and coordinate the efforts of teachers and parents with staff.
- Planning and submitting annual budget needs for the building to the Board of Advisors by April 1st of the coming school year.
- Maintaining effective communication
- Planning and conducting staff meetings and professional development programs
- Recommending any changes which will lead to improved administration, supervision or an opportunity for student development.
In order to qualify for this role, you will need a minimum of a bachelor's degree in education coupled with excellent leadership skills and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position. Being a member in good standing with the BC College of Teachers is also required.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you will have knowledge of STEM and Challenge Based Learning methodologies. In addition, you will have excellent computer literacy along with special education training or experience working with partners and community members.
This is your chance to make a change in a dynamic environment! If you share our values and have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!
Experience & Discover
Define & Develop
Apply & Elevate
Experience & Discover K-4
Define & Develop (Grade 5)
Define & Develop (Grade 5)