GLAREA TEACHING CAREERS
About Glarea Elevated Learning
Glarea Elevated Learning has re-imagined the modern school system by utilizing a Challenge Based Learning Education within an all-inclusive Arts and Sport environment focused on connection and development.
Glarea integrates a Challenge Based Learning program with Sport and Art expert streams in a technologically innovative educational environment. This Elevated Learning program focuses on self-awareness through cognitive, social-emotional and physical literacy rooted in perseverance.
We face challenges on a daily basis and our responses determine our future. Often, we don’t pause to consider different perspectives and design thoughtful solutions. Challenge Based Learning is a learning framework used to equip students with the skills necessary to identify challenges and develop innovative and sustainable solutions.
Elevated Learning drives Glareans to aspire to be self-aware, critical thinkers prepared for the future. Resiliency, determination and fortitude of character are woven into the fabric of Glarea.
Our Graduates are confident, adaptable young adults prepared to overcome life’s challenges and thrive in today’s uncertain world.
Teaching Careers at Glarea are exceptionally rewarding as you work with kids who are driven to learn and want to be challenged.
Glarea TEAM MEMBER BENEFITS
- Support for professional development, including individual and school-wide programs
- Opportunities for career development as part of a growing school
- Comprehensive onboarding program
- Health spending account ($1000 per year)
- Competitive Extended Health and Dental coverage
- Tuition discount for faculty and staff
- Employer matching RRSP contributions
- One-to-one financial planning services with professionals offered
- Competitive salaries; for example, the pay grid for the 2020–2021 school year includes Category 5, Step 0: $54,951 and Category 6, Step 10: $98,495
- Teachers engage fully in the life of the School and are provided with significant preparation and collaborative learning time
- Small class sizes (approximately 15 students/class) and state-of-the-art learning facilities
- Access to resources, teaching tools and technology, including individual devices assigned to teachers. Teachers and students receive technology support through our IT team.
EQUITY & DIVERSITY
Glarea Elevate Learning hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to strengthening equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to engage and work within our community.
Experience & Discover
Define & Develop
Experience & Discover K-4
Define & Develop 5-7
Define & Develop 5-7